GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement that unleashes the power of individuals and organizations to transform their communities and their world.
GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past ten years, this idea has evolved into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to offer, collaborate and celebrate generosity.
GivingTuesday seeks to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, through the values of dignity and equal opportunities for all.
GivingTuesday's global network works together year-round to inspire generosity around the world, with the common mission of creating a world where generosity is part of everyday life.
GivingTuesday is celebrated every year on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and this year is on November 28, 2023. It takes place on the same day in most participating countries around the world.
• GivingTuesday is a global network dedicated to unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. The movement is organized in collaboration with GivingTuesday Global's global network of leaders, partners, collaborators, communities and generous individuals.
• In 2021, HIGGS (Higher Incubator Giving Growth & Sustainability) was connected to the Global #GivingTuesday movement, becoming the central body representing the movement for Greece.
• GivingTuesday's ultimate goal is to create a more just and generous world, a world where generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, through the values of dignity and equal opportunities for the whole world.
All! GivingTuesday has been created by a broad coalition of partnerships, including individuals, families, nonprofits, schools, charities, businesses and others. There are people and organizations participating in GivingTuesday in every country of the world.
Joining GivingTuesday is about joining a generosity movement and there are many ways to do that. Either talking about the movement, or offering goods, or offering your time, or offering your financial support. Being generous is a way to strive for the goals that interest you and to help people in need.
Joining GivingTuesday means participating in a global generosity movement and there are many ways to do this. Either talking about the movement, or offering goods, or offering your time, or offering your money. Being generous is a way to strive for the goals that interest you and to help people in need.
Join your local GivingTuesday movement to learn more about how you can contribute to your country.
Here are some ideas to consider:
· Share kindness with your neighbors.
· Share your talents voluntarily, remotely
· Speak / Promote a purpose that interests you
Discover a local fundraiser, community campaign or coordinated event to engage with others in your area - your participation is valuable.
Give to your favorite cause or fundraiser to help those in need.
· Use social media to spread the message!
· Talk about offering and generosity using the hashtag #GivingTuesday
· Share our posts on Facebook - facebook.com/GivingTuesday
· Share the social networking channels we have and your personal social networks
Announce your participation in GivingTuesday on your networks and email lists
· Visit our website for more ideas and ways to participate.
If your nonprofit uses a digital fundraising platform, there may be costs associated with the tools you choose to use - check with your tech providers to learn more.
Yes! If you are an individual who wants to give back, there are many ways to do so. GivingTuesday is about giving of all types -- some may choose to give a financial contribution to their favorite cause or a fundraising drive, others will opt to reach out to neighbors, start an advocacy campaign, donate goods or extra supplies, share gratitude to frontline workers and those keeping us safe. If you can show generosity and share kindness, you have something to give!
Organizations do not receive donations through the GivingTuesday website. All donations need to be made through your organization’s donation processing platform of choice.
● One great way organizations can help is to spread the word and encourage your communities and supporters to take action and do good on November 28. Use the hashtag #GivingTuesday when you post on social media so we can amplify your message.
● If you are part of a network or lead a group, think about ways you can rally around a cause and encourage your group to perform acts of kindness and generosity on this day. Share the ideas from our toolkits with your colleagues and decide if there’s a particularly relevant type of activity that showcases your industry, interest, skills or other unique assets.
○ Consider sponsoring a match for your favorite organization.
○ Host a portion of sales event.
○ Organize a staff volunteer day.
● One great way businesses can help is to spread the word and encourage your communities and supporters to take action and do good on November 28. Use the hashtag GivingTuesday when you post on social media so we can amplify your message.